ISO 50001 was first released in 2011 and is now starting to become popular with some major worldwide producers. It is designed to help the worldwide organizations to carefully handle their power utilization throughout your procedures to recognize poor links in the power chain and recognize possibilities to reduce costs or apply developments.
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for an energy management system is specially designed to save and induce the efficient use of energy for various huge organizations. This system helps the organizations to save money and preserve the available resource to its best. The ISO 50001 is suitable for organizations of every sector, size, and wherever it is located. This energy management system is applicable to organizations all around the world. It assists the organizations to develop new strategies that will improve their energy consumptions and make proper use of the available resources. The ISO is based on a few management system models that are also used in the industry such as the ISO 9001 or ISO 1400. Together, these models assist the organization to improve their quality of energy management, manage their consumption and thus help in the environmental management with the appropriate use of energy resources. The ISO has a few guidelines that every organization has to follow to conserve their energy use.
ISO 50001 is designed to assist companies to make better use of their current energy-consuming resources by offering a regular framework by which a wide range of end-users. To achieve this purpose ISO 50001 offers assistance in several or various types of organizations. This focus on data selection and reporting is designed to create visibility and achieve interaction with power management within a company. Also, ISO 50001 provides a perspective for analyzing and showing priority for the execution of energy-efficient technological innovation and a framework for motivating energy-efficiency throughout an organization’s supply sequence. Accomplishing ISO 50001certification is not difficult and companies that achieve this difference gain popularity on the international level by being seen as forward-looking and dedicated to shareholder value and sustainability at the same time.
The following are a few requirements for an organization laid by the ISO 50001:2011
- Create a policy more effective use of energy
- Fix goals and targets to fulfill the policy
- Use data to better understand and make choices about power use
- Evaluate the results
- Evaluate how well the plan works, and
- Constantly enhance power management.
The ISO 50001 provides many benefits to the industrial sector worldwide, the following are a few benefits that are important for every organization to follow.
- Performs from large to small organizations across different commercial and public sectors
- Improved price savings that help to accomplish energy-efficiency & compliance
- Reduced ecological impact- carbon & GHG
- Coordinating power applications (Energy Efficiency, Energy, Manufacturing, Renewable Energy and Substitute Energy)
- Facilitates exterior economical incentives (Electric application, third celebration funding, tax benefits and others)
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- Learn More about ISO 22000 & ISO 14001 - April 5, 2015
- Know More about ISO Certification Training Courses - April 2, 2015
- Implement and follow the guidelines of ISO 50001for energy conservation in every organization - March 1, 2015