Energy Management System
It is a quality system model that aims at continuous improvement that is focused towards the energy management of a company. When you implement a certification like this, you can be assured to integrate energy management as the top priorities of the company.
We will understand your business better to know the areas of your organisation that needs to be developed. If all the requirements are in place, we will assess the different implementations and proceed with the ems quality certification.
Such a certification would prove that your business is a responsible one and keeps energy management as its most important target. You would be able to grow better and also increase profits easily.
What is the difference between ISO 14001 and ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 can be used in isolation or in conjunction with ISO 14001. Whilst ISO 14001 will help you identify and manage the generic environmental aspects, ISO 50001 offers a very specific focus in the area of energy.
ISO 50001 will help you to implement the processes necessary to understand your baseline energy usage and establish an energy policy, action plans, targets and energy performance indicators for reducing energy consumption.
So if energy is a significant cost to your business then ISO 50001 may be an appropriate first step or a valuable addition to your existing environmental management system.
Specifically ISO 50001 will:
- Significantly reduce energy costs through measurement and management of energy consumption
- Reinforce good energy management behaviours throughout the business
- Promote energy efficiency throughout the supply chain
- Evaluate and prioritise new energy-efficient technologies
- Increase your range of new business opportunities and meet contractual obligations
- Increase stakeholder confidence and enhance reputation
- Integrate with existing management systems such as ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
More Specific Benefits
- Significant Savings.
- Improve overall performance to cut energy consumption and bills
- Reduced carbon emissions and meet government reduction targets
- Mitigate effects of future legislation.
- Open opportunities for energy innovation.
- Measure and monitor energy use to identify where to improve efficiency
The Certification Procedure is a multiple-step process. The certification cycle is described briefly:
- Application for certification from client
- Offer from IRQS India
- Offer acceptance from client and order confirmation by IRQS India
- Pre audit (optional)
- Certification audit - (Stage 1 + Stage 2)
- Issue of certificate on successful completion of certification audit
- Surveillance audits at defined period
- Recertification audit after 3 years