Food Safety Management System
This International Standard ISO 22000 specifies requirements for a food safety management system where an organization in the food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption. It is applicable to all organizations, regardless of size. The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points or HACCP will be monitored closer by the QMS.
The ISO 22000 Certification services provide clients a systematic method for analyzing food processes, determining the possible hazards, and designating the critical control points. These steps are necessary to prevent unsafe food from reaching the consumer.
Why ISO 22000 Certification?
ISO 22000 certification covers all processes in the food chain that impact the safety of the end product. It specifies the requirements for a comprehensive food safety management systems as well as incorporating the elements of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP). It build and operate a food safety management system within a well-defined and clear framework that is flexible to your business needs and expectations.
Is recognized and respected by the scientific community as well as international food organizations as the most effective approach to the manufacture of safe food.
- Identifies and prevents hazards from contaminating food.
- Responsibility for ensuring food safety on the food manufacturer or distributor.
- More effectively in the world market there by reducing barriers to international trade.
- Meets food safety legal compliance and corporate requirements.
- Suitable for regulators
- Covers the majority of the requirements of the current retailer food safety standards
More Specific Benefits
- Products accepted around the world.
- Increases safety of food products.
- Strengthen the confidence of customers and supervising authorities in your products.
- Benefit from how easy it is to integrate the standard into existing quality management systems, such as ISO 9001
- Dynamic communication on food safety issues with suppliers, customers, regulators and other interested parties.
The Certification Procedure is a multiple-step process. The certification cycle is described briefly:
- Application for certification from client
- Offer from IRQS India
- Offer acceptance from client and order confirmation by IRQS India
- Pre audit (optional)
- Certification audit - (Stage 1 + Stage 2)
- Issue of certificate on successful completion of certification audit
- Surveillance audits at defined period
- Recertification audit after 3 years