Information Security Management System
An Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a systematic approach to managing sensitive company information so that it remains secure. It encompasses people, processes and IT systems. An ISMS is a management system based on a systematic business risk approach, to establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain, and improve information security of a company.
Certification of an organization’s ISMS ensures that the organization has a model for establishing, implementing, operating, reviewing, maintaining and improving the security of information including those of customer, held by the organization. The implemented ISMS ensure handling of overall business risks by implementation of security controls customized to the needs of the organization thus increasing the productivity of the people and enhancing corporate image.
Why ISO 27001 Certification?
ISO 27001 certification looks intently at the totality of an organization's information assets and then steps through a process which gauges risks related to these assets. Participants in the process look at the likelihood of an attack or failure, the impact that such an attack or failure would have on the organization and the effectiveness of controls intended to protect the assets. It Increased Reliability and Security of the Systems.
- Increase in business as customers / suppliers recognize a credible trusted partner
- Independently demonstrates that applicable laws and regulations are observed
- Business differentiator providing competitive advantage over similar organizations
- Compliance with Legislation
- Improved Management Control
More Specific Benefits
- Proves senior management’s commitment to the security of its information Improved Risk Management.
- Contingency Planning
- A positive response from potential customers
- Ensure management commitment
- Can be integrated with Other Management systems
- Reduce the Risk of information and hence cost of Breaches
- Cost-effective and Consistent information security
The Certification Procedure is a multiple-step process. The certification cycle is described briefly:
- Application for certification from client
- Offer from IRQS India
- Offer acceptance from client and order confirmation by IRQS India
- Pre audit (optional)
- Certification audit - (Stage 1 + Stage 2)
- Issue of certificate on successful completion of certification audit
- Surveillance audits at defined period
- Recertification audit after 3 years