Ship Recycling Management System
It is a quality standard explains the requirements for a system to enable a ship recycling facility. This explains the different procedures, policies and objectives that need to be implemented in the field of ship recycling if you are to be in accordance with the national and international standards.
At IRQS, we understand the relevant legislative requirements, the safety standards that need to be followed and even the environmental aspects that should be taken into consideration when you are looking for ISO 30000 certification.
A quality standard like ISO 30000 Certification would give your clientele the assurance that your company is safe and environmentally secure. Such a certification would help you retain your clients and even market your company better. This would ensure better business conversions which would mean better profitability.
With a Ship recycling management system, you would be able to execute bigger projects in accordance with national and international standards. You would also be able to participate in global projects which require such certifications. A quality standard like Ship recycling management system is valid for a period of 3 years after which a re-assessment of the system is done.
Features of ISO 30000 :
The standard specifies the requirements for a management system to enable a ship recycling facility to develop and implement procedures, policies, and objectives to be able to carry out the activities related to ship recycling in accordance with national and international standards, resulting in safe and environmentally sound ship recycling. The management system takes all the relevant legislative requirements, safety standards, and environmental aspects into account that ship-recycling facilities need to identify and comply with to carry out safe and sound ship recycling.
ISO 30000 has been developed in response to demand from industry for a ship recycling standard. It is applicable to any ship recycling facility that wishes to:
- Establish, implement, maintain and improve a safe and environmentally sound management system for the recycling of ships
- Assure itself of conformity with its stated safe and environmentally sound management policy
- Demonstrate conformity with this standard by Making a self-determination and self-declaration, or Seeking confirmation of its conformance by parties having an interest in the facility such as customers, or
- Seeking confirmation of its self-declaration by a party external to the organization, or Seeking certification/registration of its management system by an external organization.
All the requirements of ISO 30000 are intended to be incorporated into the management systems of any ship recycling facility. In order to be in compliance with ISO 30000, the management systems will address all requirements.
ISO 30000 specifies requirements for a management system to enable a ship recycling facility to develop and implement procedures, policies and objectives in order to be able to undertake safe and environmentally sound ship recycling operations in accordance with national and international standards
The Certification Procedure is a multiple-step process. The certification cycle is described briefly:
- Application for certification from client
- Offer from IRQS India
- Offer acceptance from client and order confirmation by IRQS India
- Pre audit (optional)
- Certification audit - (Stage 1 + Stage 2)
- Issue of certificate on successful completion of certification audit
- Surveillance audits at defined period
- Recertification audit after 3 years