Supply Chain Security Management System
The certification specifies the needs of a security management system that has a critical view towards the supply chain of your business. It is linked to your business end and looks up on the direct and indirect impacts on your supply chain system. The ISO 28000 certification is not limited to, financing, manufacturing, information management and the facilities for packing, storing and transferring goods between modes of transport and locations.
ISO 28000 certification outlines the requirements to enable an organization to establish, implement, maintain and improve a security management system, including those aspects critical to security assurance of the supply chain. These aspects include, but Supply risks such as threats from terrorism, fraud and piracy have serious implications to businesses. With a supply chain security management system, you can be assured of tension free movement along your supply chain. This standard can be applied by organizations of all sizes involved in manufacturing, service, storage or transportation at any stage of the production or supply chain.
Why ISO 28000 Certification?
This standard will facilitate trade and the transport of goods across borders. It will increase the ability of organizations in the supply chain to effectively implement mechanisms that address security vulnerabilities at strategic and operational levels, as well as to establish preventive action plans.
ISO 28000 "Specification for security management systems for the supply chain" provides a framework for a security management system which is aimed at improving the overall security of supply chains.
How are ISO 28000 and ISO 9001/14001 linked?
ISO 28000 was designed to help integrate quality environmental and supply chain security management systems within an organization. It is compatible with ISO 9001 (quality management) and ISO 14001 (environmental management).
ISO 28000 is based on a plan-do-check-act management system modeled after the proven ISO 14001 framework. The risk-based approach outlined in ISO 14001 is similar to the one used in ISO 28000
More Specific Benefits
- Make the organizations a supplier of choice by demonstrating the organization's capability to manage security issues within the supply chain.
- Demonstrates systematic security supply chain management.
- Develop business cooperation along the supply chain.
- Improve stakeholder confidence by demonstrating more robust and secure supply chain management.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by demonstrating ability to meet their specific requirements.
- Shorten customs clearance time and reduced secondary inspections.
The Certification Procedure is a multiple-step process. The certification cycle is described briefly:
- Application for certification from client
- Offer from IRQS India
- Offer acceptance from client and order confirmation by IRQS India
- Pre audit (optional)
- Certification audit - (Stage 1 + Stage 2)
- Issue of certificate on successful completion of certification audit
- Surveillance audits at defined period
- Recertification audit after 3 years