Modern Supply Chain business is full of threat from theft, terrorism, fraud, disruption, industrial espionage, product manipulation or counterfeiting etc. which have serious implications to business. The damage caused may be temporary or of a permanent nature.
To overcome these threats, ISO 28000 Supply Chain Management System was formulated to provide a solution for the protection of people, property, information and infrastructure in companies and organizations, participating in local, national and international supply chain operations.
Suitability of ISO 28000:2007 certification
ISO 28000:2007 is suitable for all sizes and types of organizations that are involved in the production of goods, manufacturing, services, storage or transportation at any stage of the product development or movement in the supply chain. For organizations working within, or relying on, the logistics industry, ISO 28000:2007 certification will provide a valuable framework and help to minimize the risk of security incidents and thus provide problem-free ‘just in time’ delivery of goods and supplies.
Benefits of ISO 28000:2007 certification
* Manages risk by aiding in assessment, implementation of controls, and mitigating management of potential threats to security and effects from the supply chain thus making the organization a ‘supplier of choice’.
* Enhances security risk assessment, asset protection and inventory management.
* Assures supply continuity for sustainable business development, reduction of time to delivery and enhances customer satisfaction by demonstrating ability to meet their specific requirements.
* Increased organizational resilience against disruptions (e.g. theft, smuggling, incidents, stoppages, delays, product tampering etc.) during exportation, importation and transport.
* Gives Management the ability to benchmark its security management efforts utilizing international standards.
* Certified ISO 28000 management system will reduce a company’s liability for security incidents.
* Also helps in preparation for recognition as an Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) by European customs authorities and for forthcoming EU legislations.
* IRCLASS is the 1st and only ANAB Accredited ISO 28000 certification body in the entire Asia Pacific.
* Being a member of IACS (International Association of Classification Society), IRCLASS has huge experience in shipping and port activities and is also well versed with the global requirement for supply chain.
* IRCLASS has got supply chain experts who have years of hands-on industrial experience combined with an experience of management system certification.
* Certificate is issued within 21 days from the completion of Audit.
* IRCLASS has certified renowned clients for ISO 28000 which includes, Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone Ltd. Visakha Container Terminal Pvt. Ltd, DCW Limited etc, Kandla International Container Pvt.Ltd. etc.